Tuesday 10 February 2009

Revelation

Last night I had a revelation as the robin sweetly serenaded us. 'Don't let the sun go down on your anger,' (St Paul). Michael, I thought, have you been angry about a BIRD? At NIGHT - when darkness makes everything seem worse? This is not the way to resolve problems, is it? As for the last comment, though I'm grateful for the offer, that's really not the way, is it? Rather make friends with your enemy; coexist peacefully. So I'm going to encourage Jane to put extra bird food out for our resident songster. In the summer I shall sit out on the patio and talk to him. I'll even compliment him on his singing. Then, maybe, I'll tell him about normal sleeping patterns, and next winter - who knows? - maybe he'll keep more regular hours. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment