Saturday 20 March 2010

Jiminy!... Cricket!

I've just discovered the Indian 20/20 cricket on TV.  Great!  What fun!  I can now watch cricket on terrestrial television.  All right, it's not the white flanneled fools playing 'on the Close tonight'.  Far from it.  Bright blue and red and gold clothes, big screens flashing up 'Not out!!' etc, fanfares and pom-pom girls cavorting whenever a boundary's scored.  But still you can watch Sachin Tendulkar, Jacques Kallis, and Shane Warne in action, masters of their art.  And there's something to be said for being able to watch a whole match in half a day.  And for a relief from the normal diet of cold muddy sports.

Tomorrow we meet our church's equivalent of a bishop - with a rather prosaic title like area superindendent.  But that's all the Greek word from which bishop comes means: episkopos - over-seer.  So I suppose it amounts to moreorless the same thing.  I'm sure he'll be nice - but not dressed in purple.  I wonder whether he'll have a beard - let the reader understand.

By the way, I am enjoying Laura Hackett's worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment