Thursday 3 September 2009

Inspiring radio

Probably a result of coming down to earth after a blissful holiday, I've felt a bit down. Occasionally you get moments like this - not surprisingly. I had a throat like gravel, which kept me awake on Monday night until I took a couple of paracetamol. However, on Tuesday morning I was listening to the new gismo which my lovely family had given me for my birthday and heard a programme on Radio 4, which really inspired me: The House I was grew up in, with Baroness Jane Campbell who has a degenerative condition of the nervous system, spinal muscular atrophy. But she is SO positive. And she had some trenchant comments about assisted suicide. Just listen to it! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mbhqv/The_House_I_Grew_up_In_Series_3_Baroness_Jane_Campbell/)

No comments:

Post a Comment