Wednesday 13 May 2009

Mistakes

Apologies. I didn't quite get the details of the royal visit right yesterday. 'Informed sources' tell me that Prince William's visit, though reported yesterday, actually took place on Friday. And you may have seen the BBC report says Mrs Marshall didn't ring but wrote a letter to the palace. I'm sure they're right, though I can't for the life of me see why they insist on calling her 'Ms'. She's a great grandmother, for goodness' sake! That's some sort of correctness gone bananas.

Meanwhile, Jane is getting fed up with my listening to the MPs' expenses' row. I don't blame her. So my text for today is Matthew 7 verse 3: ''Why beholdest thou the mote (meaning 'speck of dust' not 'moat', water round a castle) that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam (tree-trunk) that is in thine own eye?' Which is Jesus talking about judging others. Sometimes I think that journalists protest too much, as Hamlet said. So that's it, folks. I'll try and shut up on the subject...!

On a more cheerful subject, the garden has been full of fledged young sparrows, fluttering their wings and making their parents work overtime. So far, none seem to have fallen prey to our local sparrow hawk. Sadly the same can't be said of our goldfish. Not that a sparrow hawk or even a heron has been at them, but unfortunately two of the six have expired for reasons unknown. I must do some research on their behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment