Saturday 2 August 2008

The other conference



Having been off line for a day, I can write only a short entry today. (Hats off, by the way, to BT who restored our line much quicker than they said.) We're just off New Wine, a conference on the Bath & West showground at Shepton Mallet. Here are some of our friends in a lunch break, and the sleeping arrangements. Sadly, my camping days are over; so we sleep in the comfort of a holiday cottage nearby. It might look like a holiday - but, as I always like to assure people, it's more like In-Service Training for me. Seminars, lectures, and worship. So it's a CONFERENCE.

By the way, isn't it frustrating and worrying when your telephone line goes down and your broadband with it? A bit like doing without prayer. Most of us do without it a lot of the time, but it's nice to know it's there. Of course God never goes off line - though I think he does allow us to have times when it SEEMS like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment